Laura amicably resolves the majority of her cases; however, if negotiations fail she has the courtroom skills necessary to protect and advance her clients' interests before the court.
Laura C. Dove has practiced matrimonial and family law exclusively since being admitted to the Virginia State Bar in 2003. Laura seeks alternatives to litigation whenever possible, and is known for her ability to resolve high-conflict marital and family law disputes. However, when litigation is unavoidable, she provides aggressive advocacy in the courts.
Throughout her career, Laura has successfully completed hundreds of cases and has experience advising clients in all aspects of matrimonial and family law, including negotiating separation and settlement agreements, uncontested divorces, custody and visitation, divorce negotiation and litigation, division of military benefits, division of retirement benefits, civil and military protective orders, equitable distribution, and spousal and child support issues. Laura has a particular interest in international cases and has worked with clients from around the world, including, but not limited to, Belgium, Brazil, Germany, France, Ghana, Japan, Russia and Spain.
Laura is actively involved in the legal community and serves on the board of the Arlington County Bar Foundation, where she has served as a leader and has been awarded the distinction of Foundation’s Finest and received the Campbell-Smith Thompson Award in recognition of her exceptional efforts in support of the Foundation. In 2017 Laura was nominated and selected to serve a three year term as a member of the state-wide faculty of the Virginia State Bar’s Harry L. Carrico Professionalism Course. Together with judges and other esteemed attorneys, Laura instructs newly licensed attorneys on the legal profession’s Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Best Lawyers in America™: 2018 - 2021
- Super Lawyers®, Family Law: 2019 and 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell® Client Champion: 2019
- Ten Leaders in Northern Virginia Divorce Law: 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Foundation’s Finest, Arlington County Bar Foundation: 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Campbell-Smith Thompson Award, Arlington County Bar Foundation: 2018
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys: 2016
- Arlington Magazine, Best Lawyers, Family Law: 2019
- Northern Virginia Magazine, Best Lawyers, Divorce & Family Law: 2019
- George Mason University School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- University of Northern Iowa, Bachelor of Science
- U.S. Supreme Court Bar
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Harry L. Carrico Professionalism Course Faculty
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Arlington County Bar Association
- Arlington County Bar Foundation Board Member
- Fairfax County Bar Association
- Alexandria Bar Association
Click on an attorney below to read more
Laura C. Dove has been a family law attorney since 2003, representing clients in complex cases, including equitable distribution, spousal support, child support, child custody, visitation and relocation.
Jennifer Bradley has worked in family law for over 12 years. She specializes in Collaborative Divorce, which is a discrete, confidential, and family-focused alternative to traditional divorce litigation.