A recent article published by parenting website Fatherly.com highlights seven common misconceptions divorcing parents have when it comes to the impact on their children:
- Children under age five don’t suffer as much trauma as school-age children.
- Children aren’t affected by different sets of rules at each parent’s home.
- Parents should split holidays in half in order.
- Parents should protect their kids from the divorce by not talking about it.
- Kids’ physical health won’t be impacted by the divorce.
- Babies shouldn’t stay overnight with their fathers.
- Children should know the truth about one parent’s fault in causing the divorce.
Read the full article here: 7 Myths About Divorce with Kids that Parents Should Disregard